Associate Professor of Marketing
“The professor is a facilitator and guide. Take responsibility for your learning. As a graduate student, participate in the critical discourse and pose interesting ideas that may challenge the status quo.”
Dr. Jennifer Zarzosa earned her Ph.D. at New Mexico State University. She gained tenure in 2019. She serves as President for the Marketing Educators’ Association. Dr. Zarzosa is interested in the practice and scholarship of marketing pedagogy. Her research interests are pedagogy, advertising aesthetics, luxury consumption and digital marketing. Her most recent awards include the Henderson State University Faculty Research Award, Henderson State University Faculty Excellence Award in Teaching and the American Marketing Association Valuing Diversity New Faculty Research Grant.
Which online degree program(s) do you teach?
What do you want students in your courses to learn? What is the learning outcome or objective?
The overall objective of this course is to cultivate an understanding of the marketing discipline and its importance in the wider business world and society.
Students will learn to:
• Apply the marketing strategy framework by employing the strategic marketing management process
• Understand the value of creating customer value through customer centricity
• Recognize the importance of consumer behavior as it applies to the buying process
• Analyze the market by using segmentation, targeting and positioning strategies
• Understand how to manage an offering by creating brand, promotion, pricing and distribution strategies
What advice would you give to those considering this program?
The professor is a facilitator and guide. Take responsibility for your learning. As a graduate student, participate in the critical discourse and pose interesting ideas that may challenge the status quo.
Links to multimedia: